Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Flowers and colors

Pin It!

Johnny and I met with a florist a few weeks ago that was referred to my by Kelly and Sarah. I met up with Johnny after work, and we drove to her office. I was a little overwhelmed after the meeting because I realized that I cannot use both of the ideas/themes I was envisioning for my wedding. Originally I wanted to use damask table runners, and have tall calla lillies for centerpieces...I was picturing the colors of the wedding to be black, white and green (like flower stems). But, after scouring so many wedding blogs and magazines I realized my taste was shifting. The rustic look is what appeals to me (obviously, considering our venue) and I really want to use different sized jars and vases for the centerpieces. I am picturing a "wild flower" look.  Not exactly like these pictures but this kinda gives you an idea of the style I'm drawn towards :-)



So after meeting with the florist she recommended that I not use the busy damask table runners unless I wanted to stick with something more modern and uniform like the calla lilies. I had a hard time letting the damask go, but I think I'm heading in more of a direction that I love. This made me question something else that I had known for certain...that my bridesmaids would wear black. It started to seem like a harsh color with the romantic, vintage, rustic look...so I went from considering a dress like this one:



to something in a softer color:



I really fell in love with this particular dress from anthropologie (that kandi is wearing above) because of the flowy layers and the cut. They are very simple which would give each bridesmaid free reign to accessorize it however she wanted. I really loved all the head bands that kandi tried on with it :-)



So anyway, I've changed quite a few things during the past month, but I feel happy with the direction! It better suits the invitations and save-the-dates I had custom made on etsy :-) More about that to come!

1 comments:

melissa atkinson said...

The dresses are so cute! I can totally picture your entire wedding. I love the whimsy, rustic, romantic look. GORGEOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...