Monday, January 3, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Pin It!

We got back from our honeymoon a few days before Christmas, so we had to make sure that we had all of our shopping and decorating done at the beginning of December. It was a lot of fun decorating the house for the first time as a married couple :-) I went shopping with Brandon's mom and she bought us some garland and quite a few decorations! I also bought a handmade stocking hanger with our last name on it (from Etsy of course) and some Christmas blocks. I love, love this house at Christmas time. The fireplace might just be my favorite part about it!









We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day at my parent's house in Tenaja. We had a really great time!





I loved my mom's table settings! The little mittens as silverware holders were too cute!





mmmmm, El Gordito for Christmas Eve dinner -- our favorite!!





My dad had a good time passing out presents :-)



After dinner and presents, we hung out by the fire and watched movies and ate way too many Christmas cookies. The next morning (Christmas morning) we went to my aunt and uncle's house for our traditional pajama pancake breakfast. They cook breakfast and we open presents over there. Afterwards, we went and saw True Grit with my mom and dad, and aunt and uncle. We all LOVED it! Then it was time for Brandon and I to make our way back home. We started a fire at home, and watched It's a Wonderful Life. I forgot to mention that Brandon bought me a new lens for our camera and an engraved silver ornament with our names and the date and "Our First Christmas." I think that's my favorite present so far :-) I got him an electric shaver, some clothes and a movie. We had a great first Christmas as a married couple!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...