Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A weekend away...

Pin It!

As our trip to St. Thomas gets closer (15 days) we're all getting more and more excited. Brandon's mom is especially looking forward to this trip because it will be the first time she has left the states (aside from Mexico). So when she invited Brandon and myself to come to Tahoe for a long weekend to "discuss our trip and hang out by the lake" there was no way we could pass it up. We left Friday after I got off work and came home Monday evening. We had a very enjoyable, relaxing time.

Saturday morning Penny had scheduled a facial for me at a little Spa in town (early Christmas present for me!). I have to say it was one of the BEST facials I've ever had and just what my poor dry skin has been needing. If you are ever in South Lake Tahoe, or anywhere in Tahoe for that matter, make sure to see Trish Tomer at Bio Spirit Salon -- you won't regret it.

After my lovely morning, we took a walk through one of the gorgeous trails in Tahoe. There is something about being in the mountain air on a sunny day. It.was.beautiful.

I stole his sunglasses for the picture haha
There was also this underground area where you are actually standing at the bottom of the pond  (on the other side of the glass of course) and it was so neat!

Brandon and his mom Penny
We spent the evening sitting on the pier, drinking wine (and diet coke) and watching the lake. The next day was the Charger/Patriots game so we spent the afternoon at Riva Grill, a cute restaurant right on the lake that also had a big screen TV. The Chargers my have lost but the day was a successful one! That evening we had dinner with Harry and Donna (who own the two bedroom villa in St. Thomas and who were gracious enough to allow us to stay there in October). We talked for hours and hours about their favorite restaurants, shops, and must-dos while we're there. We're OFFICIALLY EXCITED and it really can't come soon enough. I dream of laying on the white sands with a pina colada and a book...it's the only thing getting me through the work days!

Frenchman's Cove - the resort we'll be staying at

I mean, come on!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...