Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie

Pin It!

I've been on the hunt for an easy, yummy pumpkin pie recipe. I don't think there's a pie that I love more than pumpkin. There are so many recipes out there, that it was hard to choose but I finally settled on one when I saw how much Cool Whip was involved (what's better than Cool Whip?) I also decided that I wanted to make my own Graham Cracker crust (so easy!)

Ingredients: 
1 small can (15oz) pumpkin pie filling
1 pkg soft (8oz) Philly cream cheese
1 large tub Cool Whip
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 deep 9" graham cracker pie crusts (or 2 pie pans if you're going to make your own crust)
cinnamon (to sprinkle on top)
Ready Whip (for serving)
Box of Graham Crackers
Butter
Sugar


Step 1.
*This is to make one pie crust (I repeated this a second time for the second crust)* 
About 9 crushed graham crackers (or 18 halves) will equal 1 and 1/4 cups of cracker crumbs. I placed 18 halves in a Ziploc baggy and began crushing. With my hands at first, and then rolling the can of pumpkin filling over it.

Step 2. 
Melt 5 tablespoons of butter in the microwave (takes about a minute)

Step 3.
Add graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar to the melted butter.


Step 4. 
Mix together. It will still look pretty crumbly.

Step 5. 
I poured the crumb mixture into the pie pan and pressed and packed it with my fingers.


Step 6. 
I decided to bake my crust for about 6 minutes in the oven on 350. I think it gives it a better taste. I then put them in the fridge to cool.

Step 7.
Filling time! In a mixing bowl add pumpkin pie filling, cream cheese and pumpkin spice


Step 8.
Mix well with mixer.

Step 9. 
Time to add the Cool Whip (my favorite part). Slowly fold in the Cool Whip so it stays fluffy. The recipe calls for a large tub (not the regular sized one) but I didn't end up using all of it, probably 3/4 of it. I just thought the whole tub would have been too much.


Step 10. 
Spoon into the chilled pie crusts. I filled them pretty full.


Step 11.
I put them in the fridge until ready to serve. Then just top with a little bit of whipped cream and sprinkled cinnamon and voila!


Brandon and I were pretty excited with how it turned out. To me, it tasted like pumpkin pie -- just a fluffier, not-as-heavy version. And let's face it, it tasted like whipped cream which I love!!! The crust was Brandon's favorite part :-)

2 comments:

Debbie in S. Florida said...

Wow, why are there no comments yet?! This looks absolutely wonderful. Definitely gonna make it this Thanksgiving. Or maybe I'll make two - one for now and one for then! Looks scrumptious, and I agree, anything that includes Cool Whip and is this easy is a win!

I said...

Do you think you could substitute the cool whip for real homemade Whipped Cream? This looks amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...