Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Camper?

Pin It!

I married a man who loves the outdoors, in particular, camping. I, on the other hand, am more of an indoorsy kinda gal. In fact, my favorite mug proudly boasts this picture and slogan:


However, because it's something that Brandon enjoys, from time to time I'll go with him. The last time we went "Desert Camping" which included shooting guns in the hot sun, sleeping in a tent, going to the bathroom in a bucket luggable-loo, and waking up every 30 minutes when the border patrol truck drove by and shined its bright lights in our tent.

This time Brandon chose "Beach Camping" for our weekend adventure. He booked the spot 6 months ago, and I've known this weekend was approaching. Here are some highlights from the weekend:


Burgers for dinner, breakfast burritos in the morning and beach sunsets
Kandi came to visit and we played a game of Smash-ball



<3

Kandi does not mess around with her S'mores!

Sitting by the campfire is my favorite part of camping
Another great surprise was finding out that our camp neighbors were my old college friend Danielle and her husband! We spent the second night sitting around the fire with them and catching up on everything that has happened since we graduated from college 4 years ago.

Although it was a great weekend, there is NOTHING like coming home and taking a steaming hot shower, scrubbing all of the dirt and campfire smoke out of your hair, and falling into your soft, clean bed. I don't think I'll be getting rid of my mug anytime soon...I still love not camping.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...