Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Pot Pie

Pin It!

I discovered this Chicken Pot Pie recipe from one of my co-workers last year. It's perfect for all that left-over turkey, and so simple to make that I had to share it. The recipe doesn't really have exact measurements, so I just put as much as would fit into the pie.

Ingredients: 
Cooked chicken or turkey
Vegetables of your choice (fresh, frozen or canned)
Teeny Tiny Potatoes (this is really what they are called at Trader's)
Trader Joe's Turkey Gravy (or any other gravy)
2 roll-out pie crusts
1 egg

Step 1. Chop any of the fresh vegetables into bite sized pieces


Step 2. I boiled the potatoes and carrots for about 6 or 7 minutes so they wouldn't be too hard


Step 3. Add all of your veggies and meat into a bowl. I used canned corn, fresh carrots and frozen broccoli. (I'm not a pea girl and all of the frozen veggie medleys include peas.)


Step 4. Poor this goodness into the bowl



Step 5. It will look like this


Step 6. Lay out one of the pie crusts at the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish


Step 7. Fill the pie with everything from the bowl


Step 8. Add the second pie crust on top and pinch the edges together. Then poke it with a fork a couple of times. I brushed the top with egg (but you don't have to).


Step 9. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven.


Step 10. Have one of your oldest and dearest friends in town to share it with you.
*Christmas decorations and cinnamon candles make this recipe taste even better.*

Kelly and myself

Voila!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you post recipes!!! I am always looking for new ones to try!!!! Thanks for all of the pictures, too. That is wayyyy helpful. :o)

Jane said...

Oooo yum yum yum!! What a great idea of what to do with leftovers. I am definitely saving this for next year when I'm making the turkey. :)

Emily said...

You know, I'd never had a pot pie until a couple of days ago, but it was really good! And your recipe seems totally manageable! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...