Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love Fest - DIY Cupcake Pom Poms

Pin It!

I could not wait to start decorating for Valentine's day.
Overnight it went from December to February in our house.
January who?

That being said I could not wait to link up with Hollie
for Love Fest. 
findsomelove

I'm always looking for crafts that I can do with cupcake liners
because I have so many of them. 
So when I found this pinterest tutorial I knew I'd be making them in no time.
                                                         Source: karaspartyideas.blogspot.com via Lenzi on Pinterest

 
Cupcake Liner Pom Poms
You'll need: 
-Hot Glue Gun
-Cupcake Liners (at least 100)
-Sewing pins
-Styrofoam ball

1. Take two liners and place a pin through the center 2. Fold/scrunch around the pin 3. Place a tiny bit of hot glue on the tip 4. Push into the styrofoam ball 5. You can "fluff" them as you go (pull them open slightly) 6. I just stuck a pipe cleaner into the top and hung from our chandelier.
So it's super easy but each one took up more time than I had anticipated. I also made a pom pom flower to stick in one of our vases {which can be up in our house all year round and worth the time it took to make it.} 

I cannot wait to see what other Valentine's goodies my crafty friends come up with!

xo,
Photobucket

15 comments:

Randi said...

Oh my goodness that is so cute! I love that!

The Burnside of Life said...

I love it!!! I'm making a trip to the craft store this weekend and decorating our place. Im definitely going to make these too!

Jess said...

The pennant flag banner is SO cute!
I'm gonna make something like it next week :)

xo

Laura Hernandez said...

This is a MUST try! I can't wait. Thanks for sharing. :)

Emily @ Emmy June said...

Wow Wow Wow!

Those look ridiculously cute. And the good kind of homemade {ie lots of love added, but not horribly tacky.}

Ruthie Hart said...

oh my gosh I want to pin this! you are so talented!! I will be out of town for vday....how sad!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Oh my gosh, girl! This is super cute & I love, love, LOVE!! They'd be super fun & easy to make for a birthday party or baby/wedding shower too! I always love seeing new ideas. Thanks for sharing!!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Liz said...

those are AMAZING! can't wait to make them! thanks for linking up :)

Holly said...

Those look amazing!
:)

Angela said...

Too cute! :)

Erin said...

Cute and simple! I might borrow your idea :)

Digger said...

Those are adorable!!! What a great idea! Add it to my list. :) Too cute!! Thanks for linking up with us at the Find Some Love Fest!!

All The Love In The Universe
Digger

Vanessa said...

these are tooo cute!!!!! I love but it hurts me to use cupcake liners LOL

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea and I'm totally using it for my upcoming mini elopement celebration!

MILA said...

wow! i would have never thought of that! and it looks great! im totally trying it :)

--mila
milasthoughts.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...